Oct 30, 2012

Ixnay on showing new products today.  Had a couple hiccups in an order that I just mailed off. I'm centimeters away from needing an intern...and think I will soon be trolling the halls at the nearest high-school ....



While painting, cutting, gluing, wrapping etc. my spotted card stock envelopes over the weekend, I made a decision that I need to be more proficient in the business lingo dept. I started re-watching all the shark tank episodes and jotting down words and/or phrases that I didn't understand and have been looking them up.  I also decided to keep a "business" journal. This will help me see my progress while also becoming a better business owner. After finishing all the Shark Tank episodes... and not done with my order, I still needed something to keep me company. That's where Donny Deutsch came in.  I've seen him on tv before, but it didn't occur to me to watch his show.  With that said, i've been watching "The Big Idea" episodes one after the other. This guy is sooo amazingly positive and uplifting [something that I wish Shark Tank had more of] that it has now become a personal goal of mine to meet him in person!

Now, this guy: Ryan Allis...was one of my favorites on The Big Idea. His story is inspiring and very motivating. I think i've mentioned before on my blog that I have over $180,000 of school dept. and that's from only 4 years of college...anyways, not complaining... but hearing so many other people's stories and what inspired them to take a risk and go live their dreams is the best kind of mental medicine one can take.

Lastly, I plan on sharing my notes on here in a couple days. If you're in need of something motivating and inspiring.... WATCH The Big Idea! :)

6 comments:

rachaelannep said...

just what i needed to see Roxy! i don't have any business experience either.. perhaps i should pick up this Shark Tank show...

the wrapping looks great. i think i'm getting my business cards tonight!

rachael

ps. i got the book you sent a few days ago -- i didn't want to open the wrapping either! thanks mama!

ROXY MARJ said...

You're so welcome Rachel! Definitely watch Shark Tank... even if it's just 4 or 5 episodes... That's great about your business cards, I hope you post them on your blog...err I will go check right now :)

Jill said...

My Mom had me watching Shark Tank last time I was in town. I'll have to check out your other show rec.

Also, my darling sister (emphasis on darling) is moving from Logan to Centerville in December. I am going to have her get in touch with you for a hello. :) Also, I would love to meet you when we are in town, too. We are coming for the Christmas holiday and I don't want to be shy about it. What if you had some sort of a painting/craft workshop and we can pay to come or bring our supplies...? I'd sign-up in a heart beat.

ROXY MARJ said...

OH! I am so excited Jill! I would LOOOOVE to meet her! :) When will you be coming into town? A craft workshop would be fun...i'll definitely think about that. :) I am having a Christmas Bazaar [1 day only] on Dec. 9th...will you be in town?

Jill said...

Oh unfortunately I won't be in town until December 12th. I'll send Tracie your email. I would definitely love to meet you when I come to town if you're available some time. I'll have to check out the SLC Christmas windows, too!

ROXY MARJ said...

No worries Jill. Let's for sure meet up. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...