May 17, 2012

A project I just started working on is another little flower book for my friend Grace's new baby Alta. <- Isn't that name so pretty. :) I want this book to have more animals in it...because those two things go together so well. Below is the cover.



And what I have on repeat right now.... if you have a song currently on repeat too, do share. I love finding new music or being reminded of favorite songs that have been forgotten.

Kate Bush : Them Heavy People


Fine Young Cannibals : She Drives Me Crazy <- Another 5th grade favorite...that I blasted, and thought I was sooo mature. I can't wait for Jesse and I have to kids just for this reason. I am SO curious as to what music they will respond to and make them dance all crazy like! :-[) 







3 comments:

annie (the annilygreen one) said...

i can't get enough of this song lately...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ-kXZsUa_w&feature=relmfu
the whole album is amazing. sometimes i think my soul is from iceland.

jeanette from everton terrace said...

Hello!
That little giraffe is so sweet. I would so love to be able to draw.
I came by to say thank you for stopping by my blog and to explain about my husband's name. It isn't really Andrew Henry, that's just a nickname but it came from the same book. I have never met anyone who loved it like I did. I still have it displayed on my shelf and I copied and framed two of the illustrations, they hang in my kitchen.
I wrote a post about why we call him that here - http://www.evertonterrace.com/2010/09/andrew-henrys-birthday.html
So nice to "meet" you!

ROXY MARJ said...

Annie! Thanks for sharing that song, it's definitely a good one. What is it about Iceland that seems to produce amazing quality in anything...really that whole northern region actually...

Jeanette!
I LOVE that story! It really touched my heart and I appreciate that you shared it with me. Have you seen "Frontier House"? I think the Brooks Men were to me what Andrew Henry was to you! So nice to meet you too!! :[)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...