Jan 19, 2012



inside this amazing hut:


Jesse and I both hope to have a "room" of our own someday...
We love to tell one another what our spaces would look and feel like... my work space would double as a shop that anyone could come visit and browse or buy little handmade items that I make.
Before I saw Roald Dahl's hut I imagined my little place to look something soo similar to the likes of his... something a little run down but cozy.  I wouldn't say his is entirely cozy but still....

I searched hut and shed on amazon.uk. and came across this fun book:


It reminds me of my childhood growing up. The seven of us [kids] were ALWAYS making things... my brothers were always fascinating me with the many forts and fake guns that they would make and actually use.  I give major props to my mom for being such a creative mom and helping all of us develop those skills. It makes me cringe when I see parents keeping their kids from experiencing a similar childhood.  With all the ipads, iphones, video games etc. that are out there...kids are just becoming less and less creative. Plus it weirds me out with all  the "creative" apps on these things...really? Why not go create something in real life?  I definitely am standing on my soapbox right now preaching...this is something I feel soo passionate about [obviously] to the point that I will do everything in my power to keep my kids off of electronics IN OUR HOME... maybe our kids will be slower than the rest of the kids in their grade...lol and they may even be really introverted because us depriving them of their digital motor skills, and they may never even get into college, or high school for that matter...who would even want to play with such a child that makes things with his or her own hands and uses their imagination....weird I know. But we're ready to take that leap into the creative unknown! lol Okay, I'll stop now. :/ 

5 comments:

Egan Metcalf said...

I totally agree with you! Make stuff with real stuff!

Shoko said...

LOVE that Roald Dahl had a writing hut. I think I need one, too - I can't concentrate in the house!

Unknown said...

Oh I love Roald Dahl, some of my most favorite books were written by him. So cool!

fnjkeankjaen said...

Ok, so 1°/ That shed is cuuuute, I can totally picture you create and sell your lovely stuff some place similar
2°/ 100% agree on raising children that way. I was raised by creative parents, going to play outside all the time, walk and discover the forest, making loads, etc, and I can honestly say that to me it's the best way! No video games at my future house, that's for sure (and yours and my future kids can still become pen pals if they don't make friends haha!)

ROXY MARJ said...

Egan, let's get to making some real stuff girl!

Shoko, isn't it so cute..and not one bit surprising huh!

Corey, he was a favorite of mine as well... have you read his mini bio? It is soooo hilarious and sweet.

Vivi, our kids are DEFINITELY gonna be penpals! Frankly, they don't have a choice! :) xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...