Nov 19, 2011

Thanks to Dominique [who left a comment] from Buenos Aires for introducing me to France Gall's "Ella Elle L'a!!! I have now listened to it 10 15 times straight, and still going! :-[) Thanks girl for sharing your favorite 80's song! The coolest thing about listening to this song was reading the youtube comments below the video...most in french, but there were two in english that explained the lyrics of the song: It's about Ella Fitzgerald's life. Which I new nothing about till last night. Her story is pretty amazing, check it out here.


Love this photograph of her. The hair, dress, and crown pin are fabulous.


...........................................................................................

I just recently came upon this watch by Uniform Wares via Esquire. 
Only $600... I just shed one single tear.
<>
If I had $1,200 I would buy not one but TWO of these. 
One for me, one fore Jesse. TWINSIES! :-[)


.......................................................................................................

On a waaaaay less exspensive note: Still loving my job! Did you just say to yourself "uhhh well I didn't really ask if you're still loving your job..."  *silence* mmmmm blushing embarrassment.... Well, let's just pretend you did then shall we? :[) Still loving the job and..


This glitter flower wreath vinyl is my latest vinyl I designed, this is soo addicting. I say this a lot: "I can't wait till we get a home of our own"...but really I can't so I can go to town with the vinyl decorating! Especially for a kid's room.  And yeah, colored my hair! I texted a pic of it to my little sister who already has this color and she texted back "welcome to the dark side, mom is gonna freak out!" lol Mom, please don't freak out. I say this because when I was 14 I dyed my long dirty blonde hair for the first time to a bright red/orange while my parents were in Hawaii. My mom was FURIOUS! I was now officially an "alternative" teenager! hahaha lol My parents had arrived back at the house from their trip at 4am in the morning. I remember this because I didn't fall asleep till they got home. I purposely put the hair color box on the kitchen table so my mom would have a reaction before actually seeing me.....oh did she EVER have a reaction. She literally wailed! Had I known my hair was that precious to her I totally would have buzzed it and sold it to her for $200! Anyways, come 2 hours later, 6 am in the morning...she barges into my bedroom and barks an order at me to come into the living room where she scolded me for an hour.  Moral to this story? Don't sweat the small stuff...because it's all small stuff. I can't wait to see what color m kids will put their hair [if they want to] because I will be right there doing it with them...so we can be alternative together. Ahhh my poor mom.  Any freak out stories about your parents to share, or are you a parent that does freak out on little things? 

10 comments:

Egan Metcalf said...

yes! I love that watch too. I need some cash money for that tho. I love your hair! Nice work. Great story. My bro bleached his hair in high school and my mom had a similar freak out. It's stil a touchy subject 15 yrs later!

Sarah Larsen said...

My dad ALWAYS has a strong opinion about my haircolor. He likes it "natural" but really he doesn't know what it is naturally. I think he thinks it's blonde. It's really dishwater blah brown/blonde, so it needs color and I like to mess around with it. I have to say though, now that I have a daughter with gorgeous auburn hair, I might be a little protective of it... :)

Sarah Larsen said...

P.S. That little wreath is -to die. I want pretty Roxy vinyls.

Jessica Marie said...

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh yeah!!! :) Love love love the hair!!! :) AND...love the vinyl!!!

fnjkeankjaen said...

Who would have thought vinyl could look so great?
Your hair looks stunning! Dont think my mom ever had a freakout with me over my teenage years, I never did anything too extreme because she would let me make my choices and mistakes...
France Gall is amazing, I should send you links of other French 80s music, so many good ones!!!

ROXY MARJ said...

Em, you're kidding...still a touchy subject? awwww... :/

Sarah, that is funny about your dad..were you a little toe-head kid? :-[) & let's talk vinyls on Tuesday.

Thanks Jessica! As weird as this is to say but I feel a little more grownup! My inner 19 year old self now feels 23! ha! lol

Vivi...I know right!? lol But just you wait girl...you will be blown away! See now your mom sounds like she handled it pretty well. SEND ME FRANCE GALL SONGS! lol i.e. just email some suggestions. :) xo

dqb said...

Roxy!!! you made soooo happy with your post!
I will write you soon an email with more stuff. thank you for mention my name!
XO!

ROXY MARJ said...

Dominique THANK YOU! I love getting introduced to new music! Especially to a song that I can listen to over and over again. :) xo

Andrea Jolene said...

Love the hair, dahling. Continue being fabulousness.

ROXY MARJ said...

andrea! lol you are hilarious! :) xo i confess though...I actually miss my blonde hair now.... :/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...